Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Strips and things

I purchased fabric rolls from Fabric.com with strip quilts in mind.

I layed out the strips in waives of color... greens going into blues, yellows into oranges.
You can't see the effect here, but I will post the finished quilts later.
I played around with using a different batting material and I am super happy about that choice. You see, I recently attended a quilting class at 35th Avenue store and I watched and listened and walked out of the place with some new goodies to try out. I also tried quilting with my Singer by using stitch number 16. Can you see the waviness above?

And on this Sunday afternoon, I had some coffee and cake. It reminds me of the afternoon tea experience lived my Europeans wherever in the world they find themselves. My Momma had it prepared for us on special occasions.

No comments: